Curriculum of One Year Training Course at Neohumanist College-CNS/Seminary in Ydrefors.
- Ananda Marga Spiritual Philosophy as enunciated in Ananda Sutram in light of other scriptures;
- Prabhat Samgiita Training (learning atleast 100 selected songs out of 5019 composed by Shri P R Sarkar);
- Yoga,Bio-Psychology and Meditation Lessons of Sahaj Yoga including kiirtan,kaoshikii and tandava (in case of brothers);
- Memorization of Conduct Rules in English
- Application of Neohumanism to Education, Economics and Ecology.
- Improvement in Language Skills (English & Swedish)
- Microvita as an alternative scientific paradigm.
The Honorary staff consists of Dr. Shambhushivananda, Mr. Haldhar Panjiyar, Rossato Silvano, Tony Carlyle, Didi Ananda Bhadra, Henk de Weijer and Shantanu Pyne.
Curriculum of International School of Neo-Humanist Studies
Faculty of Yoga and Intuitional Sciences (see below)
Faculty of Neohumanist Education (see below)
Proposed Faculty of Sustainable Development (see below)
Prabhat Samgiita Academy
Intro. to Raag and Taal
Intro. to Musical Instruments
Intro. to Prabhat Samgiita
5018 Songs of Prabhat Samgiita
1. Yoga , Ethics* and Society
2. Yoga Cosmology and Microvita
3. Yoga Psychology and Neuro-Science
4. Yoga Practices, Sutras and Mantras
5. Yogic Texts and Philosophies
6. Yogic Therapy, Nature Cure and Ayurveda
7. Yogic Science, Meditation and Mysticism
8. Yogic Diet, Vegetarianism & Recipes
9. Yoga Asanas & Benefits
10. Anatomy, Physiology, Massage and Acupressure
11. Yogis through the Ages: Lives and Examples
12. Yoga Education in Schools (YES!)
13. Comparative Mystic Traditions & World Religions
Jiivan-Veda provides the foundation for the Yoga-Ethics course.
Supplemented by other trainings for those registered in the Yoga Training Centre
1. Prabhat Samgeet
2. Kiirtan Tunes
3. Asanas, Mudras, Bandhas
4. Oratory Skills
5. Writing Skills
6. Web Site Design
7. Tools and Repairs
8. Languages & Grammar(Sam?skrta, English & Bengali)
9. Cooking and Baking Skills
10. Homeopathy and Home Remedies
11. Driving and Vehicle Management
12. Models of Building Construction & Designs
13. Accounting and Record keeping
14. Gardening,Waste Disposal and Recycling
15. Conduct Rules
16. Recitation of Slokas
17. Intensive meditations & SPT training
1. Spiritual Foundations of NHE
2. Cognitive Development: Approaches
3. Creativity in Education
4. Foundations of Holistic Education
5. Child Development & Psychology
6. Culturally Sensitive Pedagogy
7. Learning Theory
8. Curriculum, and Teaching
10. Social Contexts of learning
11. Learning Environments
12. Administration, Leadership & Communication Skills
Supported by Practical Notes on:
1. Age-Appropriate Games & Activities for Children
2. Approaches to Discipline
3. Classroom Management Ideas
4. Dealing with Bureaucracy
5. Guidance and Counseling Methods
6. Choosing Books & literature: Ideas
7. Humor ,Puzzles, How to Challenge kids
8. Listening to Children
9. Using Multimedia & Other High Tech tools
10. Bottom -Line in Education
11. Handling Child abuse Cases
12. Art Therapy for Children
13. Parents Meetings & Related Ideas
14. Safety Codes
15. Conflict Resolution Methods
1. Ideal Farming Methods
2. Alternative Energy& Related Technologies: Theory & Practices
3. Strategic Planning for Alternative Businesses
4. Management Ideas for Non-profit Institutions
5. Leadership & Empowerment: Case Studies
6. Finance: Management, Reporting & Complimentary Currencies
7. Water Conservation and Management
8. Social & Economic Transformation of Systems: Tactics of Social Change
9. Justice, Laws , Public policy & Enforcement
10. Future Visioning Processes.(For Example: for alternative Universities or Cities of the Future)
11. Health, Herbs and Alternative Medical- Pathies
12. Fine arts, Aesthetics, Design & Appreciation.
13. Introduction and Advanced PROUT
This program will be supported by case Studies of ecological initiatives, Eco-Villages, Community Initiatives around the world & study of NGOs and their successful case histories as learning models.
Duration: On an annual basis
Acharya Shambhushivananda Avadhuta & Henk De Weijer
Biological Psychology, – An Introduction to Bahavioral and Cognitive Neuro-Science by Rosenzweig,Breedlove & Watson, 2005, Sinauer Associates Inc. Massachusetts.
Yoga Psychology, P.R. Sarkar, A.M. Publications, 1991, Calcutta, India.
Workshop Notes of Dr. Richard Maxwell presented at CNS-Sweden, Spiritual Bio-Psychology, Ithaca, NY,September19-23,2005
Dr. Jitendra Singh, Bio-Psychology, Gurukul Publications, Anandanagar, India
Bhaskarananda & Dr. J. Singh, Biopsychology of Spirititual Practises, Gurukula Publications, 2000.
Microvitum in a Nutshell, Shri P R Sarkar, AM Publications, Anandanagar, WB India
The Nervous System, The Immune System & The Endocrine System
Cakras- Spiritual Anatomy Underlying All Religious/Spiritual Experiences
Bio-Psychology of Samadhi
Physiological Theories and the role of the Pineal Gland
Bio-Psychology of Yogic Practices
Yoga Psychology Bibliography
Ananda Nivedita, Avdk. (1999) Head in the Stars Feet on the Ground, West Bengal: Gurukula Publications. (Available at Cosmic Vision, 34 N. Lexington Av.)
Corby, James C. & Roth Walton T. (1978) Psychophysiological Correlates of the Practice of Tantric Yoga. Archives of General Psychiatry, 35, 571-577.
De Beauport, Elaine, (2002) The Three Faces of Mind, Wheaton, Illinois: Quest Books.
Hunt, Valerie (2000), Infinite Mind: Science of Human Vibrations of Consciousness, Malibu Publishing.
Motoyama, Hiroshi (1981) Theories of the Chakras: Bridge to Higher Consciousness, London: Theosophical Publishing House.
Pert, Candace B. (1997) Molecules of Emotion, New York: Scribner.
Sarkar, Prabhat Ranjan (1991) Yoga Psychology, Calcutta: Ananda Marga Publications. (Available at Cosmic Vision, 34 Lexington Av.)
Khalsa, Dharma Singh, (2001) Meditation as Medicine, New York: Pocket Books.